The 4FRONT Cluster is composed of four Horizon 2020 projects enabling network and traffic management for future mobility. The projects are TANGENT, DIT4TRAM, FRONTIER and ORCHESTRA. The cluster coordinates activities together, including panel discussions, webinars and workshops.
Common goals of the cluster
1. Develop tools for dynamic transport demand management & supply optimisation.
2. Create innovative architecture and concepts of operations for an efficient, resilient and adaptable multi-modal network and traffic management systems.
3. Use innovative data collection and fusion techniques, leveraging on existing standards and methods for data exchange.
4. Develop multi-actor organisational and business models with shared responsibilities between different traffic management stakeholders.
5. Assess the impact of new technologies, including smart infrastructure and connected and automated vehicles.
6. Design and calibrate arbitration models for complex network and traffic management scenarios and multi-actor settings, including disaster management.